‹ Our Team
Why are you passionate about excellence?
For me, excellence is an attitude and behaviour. It’s a factor that separates success from failure, wining from losing and being the best we can be. Excellence encompasses a wide range of concepts such as learning, commitment, integrity and responsibility. As someone who strives to be the best he can, I am ultimately passionate about excellence.
Why are you passionate about people development?
Developing others is in my DNA. It is who I am. Helping someone else reach their full-potential is one of the most satisfying endeavours.
Which three words sum up leadership for you?
Identity – Vision - Commitment
Who is your Leadership inspiration and why?
For me it the person who steps forward and does the right thing when the stakes are high. A recent example is Tariq Jahan, the Birmingham father who made a plea for calm after his son was murdered during the UK 2011 riots. It would have been easy for Tariq to demand 'an eye for an eye', but instead with immense dignity Tariq Jahan appealed for calm averting the escalation of the riots.
Andy is a highly qualified professional development consultant with over 15 years’ experience of delivering training. Energetic, charismatic and highly attuned to the needs of others. Particular excellence in the design and delivery of innovative leadership development programmes utilising coaching, facilitation, action-learning and experiential learning techniques, underpinned by an MA in Leadership Studies. He has extensive command, management and leadership experience within the Royal Air Force including operational flying tours in the Balkans and Iraq on Hercules transport aircraft and Puma helicopters.
From 2005-2008, he was employed to deliver leadership development at the Royal Air Force College Cranwell; holding the post of Officer Commanding Leadership Training Squadron. This role involved forming and leading a new Leadership Training Department within the RAF Academy. Including the leadership and management of 15 instructors delivering an 8-month Officer training programme to cohorts of 150 undergraduate officers. Subsequently resulted in promotion to the rank of Squadron Leader (senior executive level).
- MA Leadership Studies
- BSc (Open University) Mathematics and Business Studies
- Professional Certificate in Management
- Royal Air Force Commissioned Officer (Aircrew)
- Civil Aviation Authority Crew Resource Management Instructor (CRM-I)
- Qualified Practitioner of Myers Briggs (MBTI) psychometric instrument
- Qualified Master Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner
- Qualified Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) Facilitator
- Level 5 (ilm) Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Design and delivery of:
- Advanced Leadership Development programmes, utilizing coaching, facilitation, action-learning and experiential learning techniques,
- Teambuilding and Group Dynamics programmes
- Bespoke courses to develop excellence in high performing teams
- Management Skills Workshops
- Course development
- Research Projects
- Professional Development Coaching interventions
- Human Factors and Aviation Crew Resource Management Training